Windows Server 2016 Essentials - 2 CPU
- OEM licence key & download
- Free support by phone, email & chat
- Quantity discounts available
Getting started in the cloud
A first server system connected to the cloud, Windows Server 2016 Essentials is the perfect choice for small businesses that need access for up to 25 users or 50 devices. Essentials is also ideal for customers who are currently using the Foundation version, which is not available on Windows Server 2016.
Windows Server 2016 provides the ability to prevent attacks and detect suspicious activities thanks to new privileged access control functions and virtual machine protection. Here's what Windows Server 2016 can do for you:
Prevent the risk of violating administrative credentials. Using the new privileged identity management features, you can limit access to Just Enough and Just-in-Time. And you can prevent administrative credentials being stolen using Credential Guard to prevent Pass-the-Hash attack.
The new Nano Server deployment option is 25 times smaller than Windows Server, while offering desktop support. This minimizes the attack surface, increases availability and reduces deployment time, resource consumption and startup time.
Add even more protection to any Windows Server 2016 deployment. Whether you're running in a cloud or on-premises, you can take the advantage of additional security features such as Code Integrity and Flow Control Guard to ensure that only allowed binary files run to protect against unknown vulnerabilities.
Detection of malicious behavior through improved security audit optimized for threat detection. Using new group membership and PNP control categories and add additional information to control events, administrators can dive deeper than ever to discover new threats.
Defend against malware attacks using built-in antimalware. Windows Defender is now included with Windows Server 2016 and optimized to support various server roles and integration with Windows PowerShell to scan for malware.
Limit exposure in the event of a security breach. If a security breach occurs, Windows Server 2016 can limit exposure by dividing its own network based on workload or business needs through a distributed firewall and network security groups. You can apply extended rules within and between segments.
The cloud offers development opportunities for IT organizations thanks to a new model that provides faster evaluation and innovation time. However, many organizations must meet strict compliance or business requirements. For organizations that need it all - security, efficiency and innovation - Windows Server 2016 provides this. Windows Server 2016 is a cloud-ready operating system that supports current workloads when introducing new technologies which make it easy to switch to cloud computing when you are ready.
Operations Management Suite
Operations Management Suite can complement the existing System Center implementation or can act as a stand-alone platform, managing systems implemented in any cloud and local environment.
Windows Server 2016 is the cloud-ready operating system that delivers new layers of security and Microsoft Azure-inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that power your business.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft.
Compare 2016 versions:
|Feature||2016 Standard||2016 Essentials|
|AD Certificate Services||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured (1)|
|AD Domain Services||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured (2)|
|AD Federation Services||✔||✔|
|AD Lightweight Directory Services||✔||✔|
|AD Rights Management Services (3)||✔||✔|
|DNS Server||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured|
|File Services||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured (4)|
|Network Policy & Access Services||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured|
|Print & Document Services||✔||✔|
|Remote Access||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured (5)|
|Remote Desktop Services (6)||✔||- (7)|
|Web Server (IIS)||✔||✔ automatically installed/configured|
|Windows Deployment Services||✔||✔|
|Windows Server Update Services||✔||-|
- (1) Limited to the setting up of certification authorities - other features of the Active Directory Certificate Services (Network Device Enrollment Services, Online Responder Service)) are not available. More information can be found in the description of the AD CS role on TechNet.
- (2) Must be the root of an ADDS domain structure and must own all operating master roles.
- (3) Access requires an additional AD RMS CAL.
- (4) Data deduplication is not available.
- (5) Limited to 50 RRAS connections and 50 IAS connections; DirectAccess and VPN are supported.
- (6) Access requires an additional RDS CAL (exception: using the Remote Web Access feature of the Essentials Edition).
- (7) Only RD Gateway service is installed and configured, other remote services (including RD session host) are not supported
Order processing runs automatically 24/7, so you receive your order within minutes, day or night. Please note our tech support team work business hours, EST.
Our highly skilled technical support team are contactable by phone, email and chat.
Emails are automatically converted to tickets so we can keep track of your support issues.
Our tech support services are provided entirely free of charge on the understanding that software installation is the responsibility of the installer. You are expected to have at least a basic understanding of how to use a computer.
We guarantee to support you through the software installation and product license key activation process.
Product keys are delivered by email, usually within 5 minutes of purchase.
In addition to email product key delivery we deliver product keys to your product key delivery history, stored safely in your account on this website.
Access your product key history anytime. Its your own personal locker. A great way to keep your product keys safe for future reference.
Links to installation file downloads hosted either directly by Microsoft or by 3rd party file hosting providers are sent within the email containing your product key.
Customers must be at least 18 years of age to place an order with Server Shed. COMPSERV LIMITED is the owner and operator of Server Shed.
Please note that each order is an offer by you to purchase products from COMPSERV LIMITED and is subject to these terms and conditions.
- 'Company' means COMPSERV LIMITED.
- 'Customer' means any individual or corporate identity offering to purchase goods from the company.
- 'Product' means any computer, computer hardware or product license key that the company has sold or is proposing to sell to the customer. Free technical support including download links are an additional service available free of charge and is not the product as defined in this paragraph.
- 'Agreement' means any transaction or proposed transaction between the company and the customer relating to the sale/purchase of the product.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to and be incorporated into every agreement between the company and the customer.
- These terms and conditions supersede any previous terms and conditions of the company.
- These terms and conditions shall take precedence over any terms and conditions of the customer and shall not be varied without the written consent of the company.
- The company shall be entitled to alter prices to correct errors or omissions.
- Base price currency is demominated in USD and the customer may selected other supported currencies which change the display price.
- Payment for all products must be made in full, at the time of order, by any on-line payment method available on the website.
- The company will not deliver any product before the credit/debit card transaction has been completed and authenticated.
- The company will not deliver products if it has any evidence or suspicion that a credit/debit card is being used fraudulently.
- The company will pass on all information it holds about a customer on request by the police or other authorities where a credit/debit card has been used to commit fraud or any other crime.
- The product offered for sale is either a computer, computer hardware or a second-hand product key that can be used to activate matching computer software, and might require phone activation. Company guarantees activation of 1 copy of matching computer software on 1 pc.
- Our digital products are not “first sale”'. The rights of the original copyright owner are exhaused after the first sale under the legal jurisdictions of the European Union and the United States. The company does not sell download links or provide paid support.
- Physical products are delivered via international shipping services or other means of delivery available at the time of purchase.
- Digital products are delivered directly to the customer by email and also on the website at their account page shortly after successful payment. This form of delivery requires the buyer to create an account on our website.
- While the company will do its utmost to deliver digital products within minutes after payment, it shall have no liability for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of email or for any consequential loss.
- Delays due to circumstances outside the control of the company shall not entitle the customer to cancel any order or to refuse to accept delivery.
- Installation of digital product software is entirely customers' own responsibility. Company gives technical support to the customer as an entirely free service without warrent.
- Physical products should be used per manufacturers instructions, otherwise the company will not accept return of misused product.
7. Cancellations and Refunds
- Digital Products
Once you have received a product key by phone, email, or other means of digital delivery the company will not accept its return. It is customer responsibility to install correct software and purchase correct product key.
- Physical Products
The physical products can be returned within 14 days after the product has been delivered. It must be in original package and in original condition. If the returned product is damaged in any way the company may substract the cost of the damages from the return or refuse the return completely.
8. Force Majeure
The company shall not be liable for failure to meet its obligations if such failure results from circumstances which could not have been contemplated and which are beyond the company's reasonable control.
The customer agrees to the company using cookies on the server-shed.com website.
- Personally identifiable name and address data including phone numbers and emails submitted during checkout is used solely to complete a specific request, for example to fulfil an order, or to provide technical support, it is never shared with 3rd parties except for the purposes of executing specific requests as exampled above.
- To prevent unauthorised access, we have in place PCI security compliance standards safeguarding data we collect online.
- All data handling is compliant with GDPR standards in the European Union.
7 other products in the same category: